Page 104 - Volume 1
P. 104
1956 Std 1 HOETA Michael
Std 1 HOETA Whainoa
Std 1 WILSON Winnie
Enrolments Std 1 YATES Kelvin
Jun-26 1956 F2 BRAND Arnold Std 2 NEPE Charlie
Jun-26 1956 S4 BRAND Tui Std 2 TOHE Joe
Oct-01 1956 P3 HOLLAND Michael Std 2 WATENE John
Feb-28 1956 P2 MOANA Taahi Std 3 BRAND Tui
Oct-16 1956 P3 TAHAKURA Cameron Edward Std 3 NEPE Jean
Std 3 YATES Glenis
1956 Classes Std 4 BRAND Arnold
Primer 1 HOETA Desmond Std 4 BRAND Tui
Primer 1 NEPE Michael Std 4 GRUT Lois
Primer 1 WATENE Myrtle Std 4 PURU Betty
Primer 2 LEWIS David Std 4 WATENE Sarah
Primer 2 MOANA Taahi Std 4 WHALWASSER Bill
Primer 2 TOHE Charlie Std 5 HOETA Effie
Std 5 PURU Daniel
Primer 3 HOLLAND Michael
Primer 3 LEWIS Charles Std 5 PUTERE Leo
Std 5 WILKINSON Glenys
Primer 3 TAHAKURA Cameron Edward
Std 6 HOETA Noeline
Primer 3 TWEEDIE Martin
Std 6 TWEEDIE Elizabeth
Primer 3 VALENTINE Billy
Std 1 GRUT Brian Teacher: Mr P T Lawless
Std 1 GRUT Brian
Std 1 HENRY Joe
Kimihia Railway Station - 1877 to 1939
Kimihia Railway
Station was on the North Island
Main Trunk line, north of Huntly.
The station was in 1886
measured as 19 miles 33 chain
(31.2 km) south of Mercer, near
the junction of Fisher Road
with SH1, about 1.4 km (0.87 mi)
north of the junction with the
Kimihia branch. That junction
was 101.06 km (62.80 mi) south
of Auckland and 576.54 km
(358.25 miles) from Wellington.
One source said it was
much nearer Huntly, where
Kimihia Rd crossed the railway. Kimihia Station location. Lake Kimihia drainage creek into the Waikato River (far left).
Kimihia Rd level crossing was
closed to traffic in 1945.
The station opened when
the Main Trunk was extended
from Mercer to Ngāruawāhia, on
13 August 1877, built on part of
Robert Reilly Ralph's (later
owner of Ralph's coalmine) 1,000
acres (400 ha) farm.
Kimihia was usually not
shown in timetables and was
often one of the minor stations
not served by passenger trains.
A 1894 petition asked for
Kimihia siding be converted into
a flag station. In 1895 (just two
years before the Kimihia
School opened) trains called at
Kimihia Siding for school
children and it became a flag
station from 7 February 1896. By
the end of that year it had a
shelter shed, passenger platform
and a passing loop for 37 State Highway 1 Fisher Road (now called Sutherlands Lane).
wagons.

